Friday 4 July 2014

Happy Independence day to all my friends in the US!

You may have wondered why I haven't written on this blog for quite a while. There are a number of reasons, not least that I have been writing in other places such as https://worldprayr.blog.org . Another reason is that I have two very active Grandchildren who seem to spend more than half their lives in our house, although that is probably really an exaggeration. If you want to know how I am doing, my answer is that I am fine, thanks to the work of Grace of God at work in my life. I seem to be becoming more active in ministry work as well as spending time with my family, and hopefully with God Himself in prayer and devotion. I guess, at the age of 59, I am beginning to discover a new freedom from needing to work all the time, and to find a bit more time for relaxation. However, I still find that I feel guilty when I am not witnessing or writing on behalf of God! As if He needs me to save the world!? The great thing which we need to remember when we reach our late 50's and early 60's, is what we can do to impart encouragement, excitement and motivation to those who we can identify and see as potential Church and ministry leaders to the next Generation. I carried out one of those amusing surveys on Facebook recently, which indicated that I have the mind of a 20 year old. I certainly don't feel that way physically as the high blood pressure and fight against falling asleep during the day reveal that I'm not really like a 20 year old! On this American Independence day, 2014, let me wish all my friends in the US a very happy Independence Day. Think yourselves very blessed when you think of all the mess we are experiencing with our EU relationship, here in the UK. I pray that we will fight to the end for our wish to be free from the shackles that Europe has placed on our once proud and independent nation, with a very real Christian heritage, going back to the Reformation (early 1500's). To be honest, I would like to see us having a closer and more special relationship with the US, where our forefathers went to obtain freedom from oppression, where even The Netherlands (Holland) could not guarantee freedom from oppression and persecution from their Government and people. Maybe that may be the way forward, if, as I hope, we re-negotionate our relations with Europe and hopefully withdraw from the EU completely. A 51st. state of the US is how I would rather see our UK position, where we are truly free and can shake off the shackles of Europe once and for all. The majority will of our people is to see laws made in Britain, rather than Brussels, and many of us see this as the way forward, to help poorer nations across the world and greater justice to mankind as a whole. Please feel free to comment on my thoughts and to add your own opinions, for or against. I value all the feedback I get to my blog posts and invite friends who want to know me better and know more about my personal Christian beliefs. We know that we will never all see things the same way, because we are all individuals, who see things from our own viewpoint, based on our own background and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment